Saturday, January 9, 2010

Prep Time

I have started this blog to journal the almost countless number of stories and experiences that Joe and I will generate over the next 2+ months. I believe that I am packed and ready, but what southeastern kid can truly know if he has enough to brave .75 meters of snow. Until I actually see 2 feet of snow, I am not sure that I really believe that it exists.

Joe and I take off from Hartsfield at 1:00 pm tomorrow and land in Stockholm at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday. Escapades to follow:

This season on Joe and Drew In Stockholm:

- Sauna and Ice-Bathing - The Ultimate Dunkaroo
- Sunsets at 2:30 pm
- Skiing in Northern Sweden & The Swiss Alps
- Scotch Drinking......In Scotland
- Train rides where Joe reads books aloud to me
- Ridiculation of Drew's Height by Swedish Chicks
- Partying In Barcelona
- The Mumbles Mile
- The Scandinavian Koozie Introduction
- Visitation of Ooyven
- Soccer Matches
- The Ice Hotel & Northern Lights
- Hanging with Anna, Gustav, and Oskar

I hope to be able to entertain as we trek through the topography of Europe, but hopefully I can at least provide beautiful pictures of the scenery we will get to enjoy. I will miss all you guys as we travel, especially you Sierra, but I will be back soon paler and very ready for the pool.

In 36 hours, I will be in Sweden, it hardly seems real. Take care of the ATL and the CH for me

Still North American Drew

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget G.T.L.

    Have a good trip and I look forward to reading about the Escapades in the Frozen Tundra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You left seeing the "Vasa" boat off your list. I was in Stockholm for a weekend and somehow saw that thing twice. It's inescapable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really love the mental picture i just got of joe reading aloud to you.

    ReplyDelete