Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Levar

Joe and I headed over to Anna's place on Saturday to meet up with Levar. Levar has texted me earlier in the day to let me know that he bought Knob's Creek at the duty free shop. This means that Joe and I are off the hook for drinking Lord Calvert tonight....you cannot imagine the relief.

We meet up with Levar and immediately form a threesome to catchup in which I am a foot shorter than the average person. Awesome....I remember why I love Corne and crew. Joe is the giant in our exchange crew, I am the midget in this one. After a couple drinks, we decide to play some Swedish karaoke. After working Joe in a couple english songs, I dominate a Swedish one. My pronunciation would make Frida blush......

We try to head out but there are queues everywhere.......oh well, gold medal hockey game tomorrow night :)

Levar meets us at the Hard Rock Cafe on Sunday evening for the Gold Medal hockey game!! We are very excited. We have been here for the football games and a soccer game, so the pigtailed Swedish girl knows that she loves me.....this makes it easier for me to get $10 beers :). While she might work on commission, I know this is different. We are also watching the game with about 11 Canadians. They are up 2-1 with about 40 seconds left when the USA calls a timeout. It is hilarious to watch how tense they are. It is like Red Sox fans pre 2004, they are just waiting for the guillotine to drop. Sure enough, Zach Parise (chicken parm) score with 24 seconds left. Levar, Joe, and I three way five while the Canadians cry. Crosby ends up making them all happy, but it was worth it just to watch their faces when we scored the equalizer. Marijuana dealers cleaning up in Vancouver tonight......

Catch the bus by about 3 seconds and get home to weep
Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment